Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Reflecting

I went running after work along the Embarcadero, which is the street that leads past the bay between the Bay Bridge and Fisherman's Wharf. It put me in quite a reflective mood lately, on where I am hoping to go from where I am now. I have to say that I am really happy with the past year. I got to travel to Europe with Jon Amon and see Martin in Slovakia. I learned so much and saw so many new things that it changed my life. I also am lucky to be working, even though it gets stressful sometimes and I am happy to finally be living in San Francisco. I moved there last week in an area known as the Sunset. It is quite the foggy region of the city and I actually have yet to see the sun shine or even set for that matter. There could be no sun and I wouldn't know the difference. I only see it when I get off the subway in front of my office.

Anyhow, I will be coming home this next week on Friday, August 19. Words cannot describe how excited it will be for me to see my mom, dad, friends and other strangers for whom it has been far too long passing that I have crossed your paths. Living on the West coast sure is nice sometimes, but their is no feeling like returning to a place you love so much and one inhabited by so many great people. This weekend on Saturday it looks like I will be seeing Dave Matthews at SBC Park in downtown San Francisco so that should be great. Oh and I watched the History Channel last night. If you couldn't see me, it was tougher than I thought. I was perched on a lookout lifting a pair of binoculars and it may be tough to notice, but it is in the first twenty minutes of the hour-long show. They cut the other scenes, but next week on Tuesday at the same time, the show I appeared most in will be airing, so I hope to have better luck spotting myself and hoping I didn't end up on the floor of the cutting room.

Also - I have amended the tour dates along the right side of the page. There should be a few more that will pop up there in the coming days. I am hoping to land a date in Lake Geneva since it is so close to Elkhorn and one in Milwaukee, but we shall see and I shall keep you posted. Other than that the most exciting date to keep track of will be Tuesday, August 30 at the Matheson Memorial Library. At 6pm, I will be giving a chat and reading from the book about the history of the fair, and the process by which the book was created. I am using this event as a way to hopefully connect with as many friends and family as I can so spread the word and help fill the library up the night before the fair!

Also, for those looking for new music check out a guy by the name of Sufjan Stevens. He is an amazing singer from Brooklyn who is undergoing a massive project to create a CD for every single state in the country. So far he has completed Michigan and just released Illinois. They are well-researched songs that dive into the bluegrass, folk and Americana genres and then some. They also are accompanied by brass on some songs and it is just a great musical experience. Ill have to write more about the music that has been inspring lately.

Other than that I hope this post finds you well, and that life is going well wherever you may be!

Cheers and keep in touch!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home